From: Barham, Dusti # IHTUL [mailto:Dusti.Barham@tulsa.cistech.com]
Sent: 15 August 2000 17:16
To: 'mol-cancer@lists.meds.com'
Subject: [MOL] David,pedophilia,American Beauty, & molester database...

David,

Most people don't consider American Beauty pedophilia.  I do not like the
fact that the movie fixates on a fictitious sexual encounter between a
middle aged man and a sexy teenager.  Perhaps I am a prude but I could do
without the sexualizing of those who are not adults.  I will forward that
article to you later this afternoon.  You will find this interesting but in
our city, convicted pedophiles are required under penalty to register with
the sex crimes division of our police force, then the police publish this
information on the internet.  All I have to do if I want to see where the
convicted sexual predators live is access it by zip code.  Fair or not,
these scumbags give up their privacy when they choose to violate.  I believe
that society needs to know where these jerks are so they can keep their kids
away.  Tulsa just started this last year and the results have been
documented.  At first, there was a convicted molester that was baby-sitting
a neighbors child every day and a couple of other incidents like that & no
one would have know if it hadn't been for that database.  I say it is
justice & it might serve as a slight deterrent.  Either way, I deserve to
know more than any sicko needs his privacy and so be it if he is run out of
town.  Boy, I am really on a tangent now.  I get intense around lunch time
:-)

	BM__MailData-----Original Message-----