[MOL] bloody discharge from nipple [01439] Medicine On Line

[MOL] bloody discharge from nipple

I have just found out I have non-invasive cancer of the breast.  I had
surgery and cancer was removed, but it has been a month and I am having a
bloody discharge out of the left breast where the cancer was found.  Is
this normal after surgery?  I am planning to have a subcutaneous mastectomy
and the nodes will not be checked and this worries me.  Iam afraid there is
another cancer that was not detected and it could be invasive.  I had
pre-cancer cells found around the cancer.  The doctors have told me that
these tissues could turn into invasive cancer.  My mother found out in
December she had invasive cancer and she found it because of the bloody
discharge from the breast.  My grandmother on my mother's side also had
breast cancer, so the history is not so good.

Phyllis Turner