[MOL] Pedophiles & Justice-My rantings... [01375] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Pedophiles & Justice-My rantings...

Title: Pedophiles & Justice-My rantings...

I am sickened by what is happening in regards to the acceptance of this predatory behavior.  Last year, the American Psychological Association, a respected & reputable (I thought) organization published a study on how 'Adult-Child' sex was not necessarily harmful to the child.  I read this study and it was so subjective and slanted it was sickening.  This study set off such a reaction around conservative circles that even the American Congress got involved and voted to condemn the study.  I wish wholeheartedly they would have condemned the APA as well.  The APA at first stood by that study but then later issued an apology.  The problem is that the damage from that article is already done.  There are lawyers already across this country trying to use this article in the defense of these pedophiles.  There is an organization in America that would like to legalize so called 'adult-child' sex, it is called NAMBLA (standing for North American Man-Boy Love Association) that is organized, on the internet and frothing at the mouth that they are making headway into this issue.  I know I am ranting on this issue but just yesterday I read a review of American Beauty and it actually said "Pedophile-phobes can relax".  Who in the hell is not a 'Pedophile-Phobe'?  It is getting damned dangerous when they label decent people pedophile-phobes.  Lillian & Lisa, my heart is out for you.  I too, know the destruction that these predators can wreak on families.  Lisa, what does your husband think about the APA publishing that article?  I thought it was one of the most irresponsible pieces of trash that I have ever read and I try to be balanced but this was pure trash and propaganda.  It was scary to think that a well respected journal would go there but they did.  We have to stay vigilant against any type of acceptance of this.  It is obvious to ANYONE who has ever been or seen that kind of abuse the kind of trauma that one carries for the rest of their lives.