Re: [MOL] Private Query [01088] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Private Query

Miss Bess,

	I got a little confused as to whether you were asking about Celebrex or
Vioxx.  I think it was Vioxx, but not sure.  I am on Celebrex and can
give you info (to add to whatever else you glean) on it.

	The generic name is Celecoxib.  It is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory
drug (NSAID) known as COX-2 inhibitor primarily used to relieve symptoms
of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, although it can be prescribed
for other uses.  It can be taken with or without food.

	You shouldn't take this medicine if you've had a severe allergic
reaction to aspirin or any medicine containing aspirin or to a
nonsteroidal anti-inflamatory drug (such as Feldene, Motrin, Naprosyn,
Clinoril), or to a sulfonamide antiobiotic (Septra DS, Bactrim DS,
Gantrisin).

	Possible side effects: diarrhea, indigestion, mild stomach pain, gas,
nausea, or headache.  If you experience skin rash or itching, unexplained
weight gain, bloating or swelling of ankles, feet, or hands; vomiting
material that looks like coffee grounds; blood in stool or vomit;
yellowing of skin or eyes; or unusual fatigue, contact your doctor
immediately.

	If you experience swelling of face, lips, eyes, throat, or tongue;
difficulty swallowing or breathing; or hoarseness, contact your doctor.

	These are all my instructions on Celebrex and I'd bet that there's a
close similarity  with Vioxx.  If all you wanted was info on Vioxx, then
I guess I'm no help.  Sorry.

Carol in Memphis