Fwd: [MOL] linitis plastica [01065] Medicine On Line

Fwd: [MOL] linitis plastica

Lillian:

Here is Millies reply .

---- Begin included message ----
Hello. I was asked to respond to your inquiry from a friend. I am not sure
where you live BUT they have a lot more info on this disease at Henry Ford
hospital in Detroit Michigan. My family has linitis plastica. I only have
two sisters left. We all had a total gastrectomy due to the cancer...too
many family members to list but through some fantastic doctors, we have
found the defective gene for this cancer. Chemo will not work...my mother
was an experiment that failed. The entire stomach and all stomach tissue
must be removed. I would be glad to share names and numbers to you. surgery
is the only thing that works but it must be thorough. Last year my niece and
nephew both had the surgery as well as a cousin. My sisters had surgery 8
years ago now with NO reoccurance. It would be worth your time to consult
with these doctors if possible. They have all the research data and have
been working with doctors in Cambridge. Dr. Frank Lewis has been our
surgeon. His number is 1-313-876-3152; Dr. Andrew Jackson is our geneticist.
He is semi retired but Dr. Lewis can arrange for you to meet with him. They
are at Henry Ford Hospital  2799 West Grand Blvd. Detroit, MI 48202. My name
is Millicent Holmes, they both will be happy to talk to you and feel free to
use my name.
Good luck.