Re: [MOL] Re: I need some information/reply [00973] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: I need some information/reply

My dad completed his "consolidation chemo" 3 weeks ago.  His was a 4 day
protocol also.  Was it more difficult?  Yes, and no.  Yes, because the
patient still has the same risk of infection, fever, etc.  Also, the body is
not as strong as it was when this ordeal started, therefore the bone marrow
and entire system is weaker and therefore will have a more difficult time
recovering.  This is per our doctor.

Is your Mom receiving the same chemicals?  That would possibly make a
difference.  Daddy has had two rounds of chemo and one of consolidation.  His
consolidation chemo was the M. E. C., commonly used with AML.  He did not
have as much nausea or vomiting with the consolidation as he did the full
blown chemo.

I wish I could say the same will happen for your Mom.  Unfortunately, I
believe it is a very individual thing and each time the body responds
differently.

One point to keep in mind.  My dads counts still have not recovered.  Started
induction chemo July 12th.  Platelets were at 3000 yesterday.  His doctor
said it takes longer every time because the body takes such a beating.  We
have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to discuss this and start preparations
for the stem cell transplant.  I will send along any information which may be
of a benefit to you and your Mom.

Keep the faith strong.  Having a positive attitude works miracles.

Your friend -
tonia