From: Tracy Harrison
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 6:01 AM
Subject: [MOL] High White Blood Cells

Hi

I hope you can help or give me some information on the following:

My boyfriend recently has Collun Cancer Dukes C. He had the collun and a pollup plus several nodes removed 3 of which had traces of cancer. They tested the surrounding area and found no traces of cancer, but decided to give him chemophereopy. They took a blood test before treating him but apparently came back with a blood count of 74 which means he still has traces of cancer somewhere. Can you explain how the blood count works and what the percentages are.

Thank you
Tracy