Re: [MOL] Vicci! TO MY MOL FRIENDS [00947] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Vicci! TO MY MOL FRIENDS

Dear Lillian and friends,
Sorry I haven't updated you in a while.  The GOOD news is Rich's tumors in
his lung and chest wall (which had metastasized)sp.  from his colon, have
shrunk according to his latest CT scan.  Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He had a
pea sized tumor in his groin and it had grown to the size of a quarter (we
could feel this) and as of two weeks ago it has disappeared.  He has been
through two sessions of chemo since it metastasized which involves 1 day a
week for 4 weeks and then off two weeks.  They added camptosar to his
regular 5fu and interferon.  It did not show working after the first 4
weeks and we were pretty down.  But towards the end of the second 4 weeks
Rich found that tumor gone in his groin and showed me and I just jumped for
joy.
We are still fighting his pain medication and his radiated bowels.  He is
still going to the hospital 2-3 times a weeks for nausea or dehydration.
He's trying to drink lots of fluids but when not feeling well, he won't.
He's had a permanent epideral put in his spine 4 times now as it keeps
falling out of the spinal canal.  He originally had an intertheckal with
pump inside the skin of his stomach.  It was immediately infected.  We
fought with that for about 4 weeks during which Rich and Erica finally got
married.  His pictures look like hell during the wedding but he is actually
looking much better now.  He's gaining weight, up to about 140.
Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!  So we are up some days and down others.  He runs his
little oncology floor at the hospital.  He drives the nurses crazy cuz he
does exactly as he pleases.  If the nurses can't find him they just page
him back to his room.  It's actually quite comical.  New nurses are the
worst as they don't realize that Rich is running his own show.  Now this is
nothing new to me.  He's been running his own show since birth.  I love it
when he's up and feeling good.  He talks and jokes.  And it's not the
cancer thats causing him all the trouble.  It's all the side affects....
not the 5fu as he handles that pretty well with not much hair loss.  In
fact the added Camposar is the one thing that keeps his bowels moving on a
regualar basis.
Lillian, send me your address and I'll send a picture of them at their
wedding for the MOL album, if you want.
I have two of my grandkids here from Portland and I'm enjoying them
....ever try to get 5 grandkids' pictures at the studio without one of them
upset?  That was two days ago.  I swear I'll never try it again.....but I
will.  It's not often that all 5 are here at the same time.  Ages now, 18
months to 9 1/2.  We've gotten some great videos.
Since putting the epidural back Tuesday night Rich has been feeling pretty
good.  He got his wife up at 7:00am yesterday and said, "Lets go food
shopping".  That was totally different from all weekend when he could
barely move and wouldn't talk. He had just had that epidural put in on Fri
night and it had fallen out again immediately......so he's been managing
his pain on morphine drops alone.  That shows how much the tumors have
shrunk.  We went thru some terrible times around Mar. when his pain started
in and we found the tumors in his lung.  Soooooo better times right now.
How are each and everyone of you?  I hadn't downloaded my e-mail in over a
week and am trying to run throught about 700 of them now.  Sorry I don't
write to each of you.  I wish you all well on your cancer journey's and I
do enjoy reading the MOL mail.  I cry with you, laugh with you and hope you
all have some good days too.  Those mean the most, don't they?
Lots of hugs and kisses to all my buds at MOL and to all you newby's that
luckily found the "right place to be" during these trying times.
Lil,  I see you doing all your "good" stuff but haven't caught up with the
latest on how you feel.  Are you doing ok?
Nancy, I see you are overloaded as usual and doing a good job for mom and
Don.
You girls deserve medals, I swear.
Joicy, Hey, girl.  Miss talking to you all.
Talk to you soon.