Re: [MOL] low platlet count/Reply [00848] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] low platlet count/Reply

Welcome to our wonderful forum, here is the info. you requested.  Warmy,
your friend, lillian

The drug Epotin boosts red blood cells.

The drug Neupogin boosts white blood cells.

National AIDS Treatment Information Project: Low Platelet Count
RETURN TO INDEX SPANISH Low Platelet Count What are platelets? What is a
platelet count? What are the symptoms and signs of low platelet count? What
causes a low platelet count, and what is its relationship to HIV disease?
How is a low platelet count
http://www.natip.org/platelet.html

2  Platelet Corrected Count Increment Calculator
Platelet Corrected Count Increment Calculator *** REQUIRED ENTRIES ***
Height: (in) Weight: (lb) Pre-transfusion plt. count: (x 1000)
Post-transfusion plt. count: (x 1000) Type of platelets transfused: Pheresis
Random Donor Number platelets transfused
http://hcc.musc.edu/hemonc/cci.htm

3  Platelet Count
Home Main Dr. Clark Page Other Dr. Clark Resources on the WWW Platelet Count
You should have 200,000 to 300,000 platelets in a mm3 (uL) of blood. A count
below this implies a toxin in the bone marrow where they are made, or a
destruction process
http://www.hollynearby.com/platelet.html

4  The Hepatitis Place: Age and Platelet Count
Age and Platelet Count: A Simple Index for Predicting The Presence of
Histological Lesions In Patients with Antibodies to HCV Age and Platelet
Count: A Simple Index for Predicting the Presence of Histological Lesions in
Patients with Antibodies to
http://www.hepplace.com/poynard2.html

5  The Hepatitis Place: Diagnostic Tests: Platelet Count (PLT)
Diagnostic Tests: Platelet Count (PLT) Platelet count (Plt), whole blood
Normal Range: 150-450 X 10 3/uL SI Range: 150-450 X 10 9/L Blood tube color:
Lavender Physiologic Basis: Platelets are released from megakaryocytes in
bone marrow, and they are
http://www.hepplace.com/pltct.html

6  Platelet count - Overview
Platelet count HOME: DIRECTORY: TESTS: LAB: BLOOD: COAGULATION ENCYCLOPEDIA
Overview Risks Results Alternative names: thrombocyte count How the test is
performed: Adult or child:Blood is drawn from a vein (venipuncture), usually
from the
http://www.adam.com/ency/article/003647.htm

7  Low platelet count
ASK THE MAYO PHYSICIAN Last updated July 14, 1999. Current Question and
Answer Category: Blood Conditions | Topic: Low platelet count Q. What
possible reason would there be for a newly pregnant but otherwise healthy 28
year-old to suddenly develop a low
http://www.mayohealth.org/mayo/askphys/qa960702.htm

8  low platelet count
Bulletin Board [ Home | Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous |
Up ] low platelet count Blood Death Disease From: susanj@mcsi.net Date:
1/13/00 Time: 11:09:54 PM Remote Name: 208.151.236.171 Comments A friend of
ours has recently been told he
http://www.bloodnet.org/_disc3/00000009.htm

9  Platelet Count
Home About Search Links Patient Education Doctor Tools Book Home Page
Cardiovascular Medicine Dental Dermatology Endocrinology Otolaryngology
Emergency Medicine Ophthalmology Fracture Geriatric Medicine
Gastroenterology Gynecology Hematology and Oncology
http://www.fpnotebook.com/HEM67.htm

10  Platelet Count
Home About Search Links Patient Education Doctor Tools Book Home Page
Cardiovascular Medicine Dental Dermatology Endocrinology Otolaryngology
Emergency Medicine Ophthalmology Fracture Geriatric Medicine
Gastroenterology Gynecology Hematology and Oncology
http://www.fpnotebook.com/LAB44.htm

more....