Re: [MOL] lymph node = first site [00655] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] lymph node = first site

Kathie!  Gosh, I know how this is driving you up the wall.  The not knowing
is worse than the knowing.  I am a breast cancer survivor. One of the things
all those involved with cancer have to learn and we learn it the hard way,
that is patience.  We are always waiting for the results of one test or
another, one appointment or another.  Right now the most critical report you
want is the pathology report.  This will tell you the type cell cancer that
was found, or even if there is cancer.  It is very important that everyone
get copies of their films, and reports.  You would be amazed at how many
mistakes are made.  I have a tumor in the right temporal area of the brain
(gray matter), I have seen two ex-rays and 3 MRI'S that state it is on the
left side.  Gzzzzz, just think if I had gone into surgery and they went in
the wrong side.
You also want to make sure you get a second and sometimes even a third
opinion.  The ideal thing to do is for your sister to go to a large cancer
center where all treatments are offered, and to have a team of doctors that
would consist of radiology, surgeon, onc..  Keeping you and your sister in
thought and prayer, lillian

more....