Re: [MOL] Radiation-Kathy, Thanks! [00620] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation-Kathy, Thanks!

Carol,
I think you are right. I think to quit smoking is as much or more a mental
business as a physical one. I kept telling myself I  wanted to quit before
the grandbabies came-didn't want to smoke around them. BUT- I had no success
until Mom asked me to quit when she was dx with terminal lung cancer. That's
one great motivator . My mind and heart won out over my physical addiction.
I won't say it was easy. I was dealing with trying to quit, Mom's illness
(she only lived 10 mos. after dx) and the critical illness of 3 month old
granddaughter. STRESS CITY!! But I  did it (with Someone's Help) and now
almost 4 yrs later am working on the 40 lb weight gain .(And once again I
WILL win the fight!)  I guess in a round about way my point is that anything
worth doing is worth the effort to keep trying..and trying...and trying!!!!
Not lecturing----I know how hard it is. I'm just saying it is worth it. And
only with God's Grace could I do it; so I will pray for Him to grace you
with all the strength you need whenever you need it.   Pat Kimmi-Kansas