Re: [MOL] Radiation-Kathy, Thanks! [00603] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation-Kathy, Thanks!

Dear Carol:  You definitely do have to prepare yourself.  I think what made
it easier for me was that I was hospitalized almost immediately after my
diagnosis -- the installation of my port was loused up and I was in the
hospital for nearly a week.  They started the chemo there.  Obviously, I
couldn't smoke, so when I got out, I think the worst was probably over.
Also, my sweet doctor provided me with the patch.  It really does work.  The
hardest part, as people have told you, is breaking yourself of the ritual.  I
chew gum now -- ferociously!!!  LOL

Love, Kathy