Re: [MOL] Dean! [00590] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dean!

Dear Amocci,

	When I got in last night, I read your message and decided to 'sleep on
it' before I responded.

	This forum is not only for informational purposes regarding cancer, but
also a healing place for the spirit and the mind.  There is not ONE of
the loving people on this forum that has not gone through pain, suffering
and yes, many of them have experienced death of loved ones.  For many,
every day is a walk with pain.  For the care givers, they much watch
someone they dearly love suffer and hurt, both physically and mentally.
If we did not have the opportunity to see the sun now and then, the rain
would drown us.  The greatest healer for the body is laughter.  The
strongest thread that holds us to sanity is the ability to now and then
see the light side of things.  Depression is a real side effect of cancer
(and other diseases).  How do we cope with that?  By sharing with friends
our hopes, our dreams, our triumphs and our defeats.  But, we need to
also find room for the bright things in life.  So if that means sharing a
joke, or sharing a wonderful uncancer related experience, or a recipe, or
just backing off from the trial we must face 24 hours a day by idle
chatter, then so be it.

	You would not have contacted us if  you or someone you love didn't have
cancer.  You haven't shared that with us.  We've all been in your shoes.
The fear.  The confusion.  The doubt as to what to do.  I know you want
answers.  As Lillian put it in her note, all you have to do is ask.  But
never forget that your mind and soul needs help, too.  Hopefully, this
forum will help you in EVERY aspect of your needs, not just one.

Much love and prayers,
Carol in Memphis