Re: FW: [MOL] Dog Ob./ David/Lillian [00576] Medicine On Line

Re: FW: [MOL] Dog Ob./ David/Lillian

Hi Guys, I don't mean to butt in (that's obviously not true) and am
certainly no expert but I have raised 9 puppies so have had some personal
experience. I just wanted to support what Dave said about the stuff you
smear on your furniture. While it may(?) work on some dogs, yours may
actually like the stuff; there's no accounting for taste. It's also, as Dave
said, a negative form of punishent. What I do with chewers does require you
to pay extra attention but, if you're consistent, it shouldn't take very
long. Every time you see your dog chewing at anything he shouldn't, simply
go up to him, don't say anything, remove the offending item or in the case
of furniture guide him away from it and give him something he's allowed. At
this point start taking to him and shower him with praise. The Kong Dave
mentioned is great. They also come round in the shape of a ball and the dog
can chase it all over the floor. Sox Loves his. Often the dog does this out
of boredom so get Chuck to chase him around the yard a few times.
I hope I haven't offended you Dave, you obviosly have much more knowledge in
this area than I do but, if the discussion is about dogs, I can't seem to
stay out of it.
Love Y'all,
Bridget