[MOL] Medications Assistance Info... [00548] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Medications Assistance Info...

Pharmaceutical company-sponsored medication assistance programs and the
pharmacist's role in obtaining medications for indigent
| patients are discussed.
| Information about enrolling in medication assistance programs can be
obtained through a variety of sources, including the Internet.
| Although some eligibility criteria may be common to many programs, each
company operates independently, and the eligibility criteria
| vary. Individuals involved in the administration of medication assistance
programs should strive to ensure that correct information
| is reported. Pharmacists can play an important role in acquiring
medications for patients by reviewing patient information,
| recommending patients for enrollment, and serving as a liaison between the
patient or health care provider and the program
| administrator.

http://www.medscape.com/ASHP/AJHP/2000/v57.n12/ajhp5712.02.chis/ajhp5712.02.
chis-01.html