Re: [MOL] faith healings [00527] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] faith healings

Thanks, Chris; and for sharing about your friend, as well. I can't help but
feel like our lives are spent primarily in preparation for our "real" and
perfect life in eternity with God. This world is kind of like a giant "rock
tumbler" -- we're thrown around, bumping up against difficult people and
circumstances, which just serve to "polish"  and smooth off the rough places
until we are ready to move on. It's also like an airport, in a way; you want
to be comfortable while you're there, but you're not meant to STAY there,
LOL! What is hard is that the things (and people) that God gives us to help
us endure the hard times in this world are so very difficult to leave behind
when it 's our time.

I sometimes wonder if we don't have it all backwards when we go through
adversity and wonder why God allows the hardships of this life. In Genesis,
when Adam and Eve are booted from paradise, they are told directly that life
is going to be very, very hard and painful; they are not promised life will
be rosy, but the exact opposite. When I think about that, then it seems to
me that each bit of joy and goodness and enjoyment is actually an amazing
and generous gift from God. Out of his love for us, he is actually keeping
it from being as bad as it could be! That's hard to fathom when the times
are very rough. But as your friend so beautifully exemplified, healing does
take many forms.

All that being said, I pray your dad and all of our dear Molers and their
loved ones are with us for many, many years to come! Love and prayers, Joicy