[MOL] faith healings [00510] Medicine On Line

[MOL] faith healings

Just a thought on faith healings...I believe wholeheartedly that *God* has
the power to do anything, including complete healing  of anyone. I have
mentioned often that I have two relatives, both given up for dead, who were
indeed healed (not at healing services, but healed nonetheless), and who
lived many years after. Miraculous healings are not limited to ancient
times. Neither are they limited, I think, to specific places or healers.

BUT (and this an important "but") I think we have to be very careful in our
expectations, because healing in this world and *for* this world is not
always what God has in mind, at least in the physical sense. (He is more
concerned for our spiritual healing.) We also have to be very careful not to
judge or blame those who are not healed physically as not having "enough
faith." This lays an extra painful burden on those struggling with illness.
and we must never cast God as a "cosmic bellhop," with our faith dependent
on his willingness to do our bidding.

Above all, God is an incredible mystery that we will never comprehend on
"this side." Each of us are allowed to go through what we need to for our
ultimate good, and it's very different for each of us. Even St. Paul (and
who was more faithful than he?) had a "thorn" that God chose NOT to remove,
for purposes only God knew.

I hope I haven't offended anyone -- just my two cents! love and prayers,
Joicy