[MOL] FW: Ruth & Jesus [00402] Medicine On Line

[MOL] FW: Ruth & Jesus

Subject: FW: KEEP THIS GOING, IF YOU CAN!

Ruth went to her mail box and there was only one letter.

She picked it up and looked at it before opening, but then she looked at the
envelope again.
There was no stamp, no postmark, only her name and
address.
She read the letter:
>  >> > > > > > >
 Dear Ruth:
>  >> > > > > > > > Love Always,
                                                               Jesus

Her hands were shaking as she placed the letter on the table.
"Why would the Lord want to visit me?  I'm nobody special.  I don't
have anything  to offer."

 With that thought,  Ruth remembered her empty kitchen cabinets.
 "Oh my  goodness,  I really don't have anything to offer.
I'll have to run down  to the store and buy something for dinner."
She reached for her purse and counted out it's contents.

 Five dollars  and  forty cents. "Well, I can get some bread and
 cold cuts, at least."
 She threw on her coat and hurried out the door. A loaf of French bread, a
half-pound of sliced turkey,
and a carton of milk...leaving Ruth with grand total of twelve cents to last
her until Monday.

 Nonetheless, she felt good as she headed home, her meager offerings tucked
under her arm.
Hey lady, can you help us, lady?"   Ruth had been so absorbed in her dinner
plans, she hadn't even
 noticed two figures huddled in the alleyway. A man  and a woman, both of
them dressed in
 little more than rags.

Look  lady, I ain't got a job, yap know, and my wife and I have been living
out  here  on the street, and, well, now it's getting cold and  we're
getting kinda hungry and, well, if you could help us, lady, we'd
really appreciate it."

Ruth looked at them both.  They were dirty, they smelled bad and  frankly,
she was certain that they could get some kind of work if they really wanted
to.

"Sir, I'd like to help  you, but I'm a poor woman myself.    All I have is a
few cold cuts  and  some  bread, and I'm having an important guest for
dinner tonight  and  I was planning on serving that to Him."

"Yeah, well, okay lady, I understand.  Thanks anyway."

The man put his arm around the woman's shoulders, turned and  the  headed
back into the alley.  As she watched them leave, Ruth felt a familiar twinge
in her heart.

 "Sir, wait!"    The couple stopped and turned as she ran down the alley
after them.
 "Look,  why don't you take this food.  I'll figure out something else to
serve my guest."

 She handed the man her grocery bag. "Thank you lady. Thank you very much!"

Yes, thank you!"  It was the man's wife, and Ruth could see  that  she was
shivering.

"You know, I've got another coat at home.  Here, why don't you take this
one."

Ruth unbuttoned her jacket and slipped it over the woman's shoulders.
Then smiling, she turned and walked back to the street... without her coat
and
 with nothing to serve her guest.

"Thank you lady! Thank you very much!"

Ruth was chilled by the time she reached her front door, and  worried  too.

 The Lord was coming to visit and she didn't have anything to offer Him.

 She fumbled through her purse for the door key. But as she did, she noticed
 another envelope in her mailbox.

 "That's odd.  The mailman doesn't usually come twice in one day."
 She took the envelope out of the box and opened it.
>  >> > > > > > > >
 Dear Ruth:

meal.
 And thank you, too, for the beautiful coat.

 Love Always,

                                     Jesus

The air was still cold, but even without her coat, Ruth no longer noticed.

 If you love Jesus, send this to ten people.

 Do not keep this message.  The mantra must leave your
hands with in 96 hours.   You will get a very pleasant surprise.

 This is true, even if you are not superstitious.

with ESMTP; Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:23:28 -0400
Received