Re: [MOL] Dave B./Bridget [00264] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dave B./Bridget

Hi Dave, I gather you're having some nausea from your chemo. When I was
having my treatments, combination chemo and radiation, the doctor originally
prescribed Stemetil(Prochlorperazine) which helped some. But because my
radiation was to the abdomen (which also causes a lot of nausea) is was not
all that helpful. He then started me on a pill made up of Cesamet (1mg) and
Nabilone (1mg); (this is actually marijuana in pill form). I took 1 of each
about 1/2hr before my treatment and the same immediately after. This
combination almost completely eliminated my nausea, much to my onc's
amazement (he rarely prescribed this drug and probably wouldn't have if I
hadn't asked about it). Don't know if this info is of any use to you but you
never know...
Your friend,
Bridget