Re: [MOL] Parasites? [00131] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Parasites?

Dear Pat,

  Since parasite is a word that pertains to an organism that lives at the EXPENSE
of another organism, that is not the word usually used to describe good bacteria.
You might do better to look up endosymbiosis, or simply symbiosis. This is where
the arrangement is mutually beneficial. Check out E Coli, while there are the
very dangerous strains of it, there are also kinds that we could not live
without. They live deep within our small intestine, in the last part, called the
ileum. Also, whike you are there, check out Peyer's patches found in the same
place. Boy, isn't life amazing? How could anyone know all this and not htink that
we were created by God? Lisa