Re: [MOL] Information/Reply to Gene [01877] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Information/Reply to Gene

Dear Gene:  I do not have the information you are requesting; but will however try to research it for you tomorrow.

Welcome to our wonderful forum.  We want you to know that we are here for you and will help in any way we can.  We will provide you with daily medical articles, latest treatment therapies and giving you links to information that will help you to better understand cancer. Knowledge gives you the power to make the very best decisions for yourself.

Please know that we are not in the medical profession and all information is not intended to replace your physicians directions.   We do have combined year's of expierence with  cancer and opinions.  We are not endorsing any perticular product, treatment, medications, centers or doctors.

We have our own web site  and album. Here the resources are numerous.  From how to talk to your doctor, questions to ask about your treatment.  Resources in cancer centers,  work related issues, benefits, financial and more.  Photo's and testimonials of survivors and photo's of those that have left a legacy to our forum.

Some of the best support on line is provided through our many wonderful forum members.  Friendships are made, tips on their treatments are given.  We cry together and yes, even laugh together.  It is the spirit of the members of this forum that makes this the best "Home away from Home".  Here you can vent and be understood; as all on the forum are on the cancer journey.  Whether it be active, remission, survival, loved one's or caregivers.  Each plays an intricate roll in helping you.  To sign onto our forum please go to:  www.meds.com/forums/mol_con_signup.html

Included are URL'S to help you gain the knowledge and give you the power.   When you are at the NCI site  check into trials. Explore the URL's of alternative sites.

If we may be of further help please just ask and won't you join us in chat?    Warmly, your friend, lillian

TRADITIONAL SITES

National Cancer Institute http://rex.nci.nih.gov

Univ of Penn http://cancer.med.upenn.edu

Cancer Notes on the Net http://www.cancernews.com

Medicine On Line http://www.meds.com

MD Anderson http://www.mdanderson.org

Mem. Sloan-Kettering http://www.mskcc.org

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE WEBSITES

           International Bibliographic Information on Dietary
           Supplements (IBIDS) Database (Office of Dietary
           Supplements/NIH)
               Searchable database of published, scientific literature on
               dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, and botanicals.  IBIDS
               contains over 300,000 citations and abstracts.  Developed to
               assist the public, health care providers, and researchers in
               locating credible, scientific literature on dietary supplements.