Re: [MOL] Bronchioloalveolar cell cancer [01848] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Bronchioloalveolar cell cancer

YES_-----CAROL,
My Dad who is 81 has BAC(short name) and it is  very rare, surgery was
considered but then decided against, and whoever told you it is untreatable
better clarify that. The cancer itself is treatable but everyone's case is
different. Daddy has been taking chemo for 4 mos now and feeling well and
one CT Scan showed some spots had decreased some in size. Will find out
results of another CT Scan in morning. He receives Taxol once a week for 3
wks, then off 4th week. The second weekly treatment he also receives
carboplatinum. He has Tagamet, Benedryl, Anzamet, & Decadron in IV before
Taxol and carbo to help prevent reaction and/or nausea. He hasn't even lost
his hair! Has a good appetite. Only problem he had was with another chemo,
Taxotere, it almost did him in. As soon as he was switched back to Taxol he
did great. There is another cancer list that is only broncholoalveolar
cancer--will see if I can forward one of their posts to you  for the address
if you're interested. But this list has to be the most caring, compassionate
group of people you will ever meet. Without a doubt!!  Lillian will no doubt
come up with web sites full of info for you. Keep in touch.  Love & Prayers
Pat Kimmi--Kansas