[MOL] Claire/Lil [01779] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Claire/Lil

Lillian, what have you found out about low dose chemo? My oncologist
says that this is experimental. This is Canada. Her advice is to start
carboplatin/toxol once every month asap. Anyone ever try this low dose
besides Clair?  Still thinking about acepting the high dose chemo. Would
take two weeks before they start. (This is Canada!) I am sending my
pathology slides to MD Anderson as soon as our local hospital gets them
back from the mainland where they did a review.

Oncologist says carbo will not affect hearing???? I am skeptical and
have not checked this out. Anyone? Loss of hair would bother me too.
Would be bald with glasses and two hearing aids -  and chemo brain would
affect my ability to lip read. Can't wear wigs/hats/scarf as it would
make hearing aids "squeak". If even lost 2% of my hearing, I would be
deaf. So pass the pity pot. I will take the day to whine, whine and then
put myself back together. I will pass said pity pot tomorrow.
Yikes as Marty would say, Jeanne