Re: [MOL] Recent Diagnosis [01730] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Recent Diagnosis

Hi Vicki; I'm Bridget and I just wanted to tell you how very sorry I am
about your dad. I don't know that I have any advise for you but have you
discussed this decision with your dad directly? Is he an elderly man perhaps
or has he had other health problems as well? It always angers me when
doctors put a time limit on someone's life; I believe only God is privy to
that information. There are so many cases of "miracles" where people live
beyond the time frame they were given...anyone on this forum can confirm
that! However, if you're not comfortable with his choice, can you talk to
him about it?  Just remember, this is your fathers decision to make and, as
difficult as it may be, it must be respected. I have found that too often we
find ourselves just wanting to hold onto our loved one and forgetting that
it's not only the amount of time that matters but also the quality of life
that's experienced during that time. However, it is certainly worthwhile to
make sure you have all the facts before committing to any avenue of
treatment (or no treatment at all). Did your dad get a second opinion?
In any case, you are facing a very difficult time ahead and, should you find
yourself in need of some support, there is a wealth of it here on this
forum. It is a place where you are free to express yourself without fear and
where there are some of the most compassionate people I have ever known
waiting to offer the best that they have. I hope you will stay with us
through the difficult journey ahead; it is a road we are all walking
together, supporting and being supported along the way.
Your friend,
Bridget