Re: Re: [MOL] Welcome Kathie [01719] Medicine On Line

Re: Re: [MOL] Welcome Kathie

Hi Kathie:  I am away for the night; so I do not have the site lists I normaly send to people to help them find out about the various cancers; etc.  I will be home this afternoon and be sure to send you information.

Fox Chase has a good reputation as a Cancer Center and is on the approved list of the NCI. I was raised in Philadelphia.  It would be good to know the staging of your sister's lung cancer and the type of lung cancer it is.  Both are very important for us to be beneficial in helping you find the resources you need.

Warmly, your friend, lillian

On Saturday, July 29, 2000 at 09:14:14 PM, mol-cancer@lists.meds.com wrote:

> I just joined this list and I was wondering if I could ask how old Patty was
> and what her condition was when she was first diagnosed. My sister (48) has
> just been diagnosed with lung cancer but we don't know which kind yet. We do
> know that there is some lymph node involvement though. When I read about
> Patty it really scared me as it seemed that it went so fast. I am on chemo
> myself as I have Castlemans disease and Systemic Mastocytosis (never mind,
> they are both really rare) but they say they are sure that it is lung cancer
> in my sisters case. I am taking her to a pulmonary doctor Monday morning at
> Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia. Is there anyplace in the country
> that is really advanced in lung cancer. thanks for any info. Kathie M

Lillian M. Jennings,,,
e-mail: firefly@islc.net

--
Webmail provided by ISLC