Re: [MOL] Dave B. [01627] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dave B.

Lillian

I will be sending you an appropriate picture.

I had my second chemo cocktail today with some interesting incidents that I
think you will appreciate...........along with me sharing my "stuff" with the
rest of the gang.

I prepared for my second session exactly the way I did for the first. same
steroids,
same anti-nausea medications-same anti-allergic reaction medication. The only
thing
I didn't do was wear the same shirt I wore the first time (used same
socks,sneakers and shorts) couldn't find the shirt.

Anyway...............I take 916mg of Taxol and 460something of carboplatin. 5
minutes
into Taxol, at 315mg per hour, I had an allergic reaction to it. Evidently it
is the standard reaction.............pain in base of neck, spine, left
shoulder. left arm and
the feeling that you're on fire........you get extremely red too. Three
nurses and my
Oncologist jumped all over me...........to explain what was taking place and
what they were doing to relieve the symptoms. I was not in the middle of a
good time!!!

To say I was terrified is an understatement, but I did something that tells
me I am really at a point in my life where i understand that I am a better
person! I asked one
nurse to close the curtains surrounding my chair, I explained that I did not
want the other chemo patients in the room (six of them) to be scared. As I
think about it now,
I am not sure where that thought, or the strength came from..but I like it!

I'm going on too long...........but...........The reaction lasted less than
10 minutes and
was gone. My Oncologist dropped the flow rate  and all was ok for the rest of
my session, I had a small reaction after the first, but since I understood
what was going on, I just let it pass. I will take my third cocktail in 3
weeks and I will find the damn shirt!!!!!!!!

Luv Ya

Dave B