[MOL] A hair raising question... [01502] Medicine On Line

[MOL] A hair raising question...

Hello to all MOLers -- I've just rejoined after a three-year cancer free
absence.  Sorry to be back but forever grateful for the support I
received and know that I will receive again from this wonderful group.

In the MOL mail this morning, there was mention of using something cold
to prevent hair loss during chemo.  I'm about to start chemo for the
second time and would like to know if there really is a way to save
one's hair.  Going bald is a traumatic experience and one I would dearly
love to avoid.

My black cat Nero hopes I find a way to keep my hair this time since I
get touchy and testy wearing a wig which he, in turn, finds traumatic.

If someone will tell me how to prevent hair loss, I'll be most
appreciative.

Claire