Re: [MOL] The joy of soy ? [01483] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] The joy of soy ?

Part of the secret of beating the HMO ... letting them know you are an
insurance agent for their sorry little company !!!   LOL  Sometimes it is who
you know !  LOL  And I bypass the primary care after they send in the
referral & go directly to the company doing the referrals ... the managing
care network .. what a joke !!  What did we do before they came into our
lives ???  LOL  And 3 years ago I played their game & went to the neurologist
they sent me too...rather than my awesome doctor.  This idiot of theirs was
the first to tell me the tumors were back .. "but so small we can just pop
them out here in the office".  WHAT A JERK !!!!!  My face was swollen & my
glasses cutting into the side of my face & I had headaches that would stop a
truck.  He told me to stop at Binyons & get my glasses adjusted.  The
headaches got too much for me & finally went to my old neurologist .. come to
find out it was some nerve pinched in the back of my neck causing the extreme
pain in my head.  Go figure what you can do with an exam ??  Instead of
touching the side of my face & sending me off to Binyons !!!  I requested a
copy of his chart notes .... "Carol came to me for a re-check & she is doing
great".  I sent this to the insurance company:
  1.  I did not go for a re-check.  I went for definate problems.
  2.  An exam would have been a nice idea ?
  3.  I WAS NOT DOING GREAT !!!!
Come to find out they get paid more for "re-checks".  The insurance company
opted to let me go back to my old neurologist, due to my long history with
him.  GOOD CHOICE !!!  We are now just close & personal when I need a
referral !!!

MORAL TO THE STORY .... YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, BUT FIND A WAY TO BRUISE THEM
JUST A LITTLE & LET THEM KNOW WHO IS HOLDING THE BAT!!!

ps -- As to the soy & tofu .... I don't think so !   I am ready to e-mail a
page to my son (working at Dairy Queen) for my order !!!!   Non fat yogurt
Smoothie ... fresh banana & strawberry.  You just can't beat that with TOFU
!!!   LOL

Have a great evening !
Carol