[MOL] Re: [01253] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re:

Hello, Madleine:  My name is Kathy.  I live in Boise, Idaho.  In December of
1997, I was diagnosed with limited stage small cell lung cancer.  I was
admitted into a clinical trial out of the University of Colorado and used as
a sort of guinea pig for various forms of chemotherapy.  Some of them had
severe side effects, and some didn't.  It depends on the drug, I think.  The
fact that your father isn't suffering side effects isn't necessarily a bad
thing at all.  Some patients do, and some don't.  I did, but some rounds of
chemo were worse than others.  Your father's hair will probably fall out,
though, particularly if he is being given Taxol or Taxotere.  It'll grow
back, though.  If he does experience side effects, let me know.  I have some
helpful hints for coping with it.  By the way, sometimes I didn't experience
any side effects until four or five days into the treatment.  Don't worry too
much.  Everyone is different.

Your friend -- Kathy in Boise