Re: [MOL] Lisa [03144] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lisa

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't gotten back to anyone. I have been out of town, and staying with
my mom. Now she is in the hospital. She is having surgery tomorrow.
Unfortunately I can't be there right now. Two of my kids are having birthdays
and we have been planning their double party for months. We don't want to let
them down so we will go ahead with the party and then I will take off to be with
my mother again. She is having the tumor resected again, to buy some more time
and give her the opportunity to participate in a trial that she has been wanting
to do. It is an immunotherapy trial and she was found not to be a very good
candidate recently because of the amount of tumor growth and the swelling in her
brain. The surgery will relieve some of that pressure so she can go ahead with
the trial. I am hoping that it improves her quality of life also, because right
now she is not enjoying her life. She cannot communicate with her loved ones and
it is frustrating. She has crying spells all the time. And her vision, hearing,
equilibrium are all somewhat impaired. Not to mention her fatigue. I would like
to see this improve, but there are no guarantees. We must all keep praying. The
best thing is that my mom has not thrown in the towel. She wont give up. I have
a feeling she will keep that attitude until the very end. The doctors say that
she may live another year if she has the surgery and follows up with some of
these treatments (including chemo regimens). That is music to our ears because
for the last week or so we have feared that this was the end. Despite the
antiseizure drugs she is pumped full of she was having frequent seizures and one
huge one that lasted over 5 minutes. Scary. And her symptoms were worsening by
the hour. Now we have some more hope. It really is such a roller coaster ride,
isn't it? I am just praying day and night. A craniotomy is such a nerve racking
thing! If only there were another way! I appreciate all the support and prayers
from you all. I will be going now to finish getting everything ready for the
party (seems so silly to me now, but you have to do what you have to do), and I
will be in touch soon. Love, Lisa