Re: [MOL] Dave B. and my "old" MOL friends [03060] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Dave B. and my "old" MOL friends

Dave, my husband (John) and I have been married almost  32 Years (Sept. 7)
and I know that my cancer diagnosis was a real challenge to both of us.  I
must admit that I am the luckiest "girl" alive to have found such a loving
husband who has been by my side no matter what!  We grew up 3 houses down
the street from each other and started out playing "kick the can" together!
Our romance blossomed from there.  If we count all of those years together,
we are close to our 50th anniversary!!!!

I'll never forget the day that I came home from the doctor and told him my
news.  He never seemed to flinch.  He has cared for me in such a loving way
and if anything I think this has brought us even closer together.  We
appreciate each other and the time that we have together.  We are empty
nesters now and enjoy being together so much.  It's a good thing because we
are the only family we have in these parts - with a son in CA and one in
IL!!  That diagnosis of cancer is a shocker, but I don't think that it is
ALL bad.  It certainly opened up our eyes to not taking each other or each
day for granted.

Don't know if this helps, Dave, but I am sure with 30+ years together your
marriage will weather this storm.  Just make sure that you talk to each
other about your fears and concerns because you will both have some and
talking about them seems to help both of you!

Time to go clean the bathrooms!  (Isn't retirement grand!?!?!?!??!?)

Mary Ann