Re: [MOL] Susan! [03009] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Susan!

In a message dated 6/28/00 2:44:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, firefly@islc.net
writes:

> Could they not do pin point radiation on the
>  tumor to make it shrink?

Seems not.  We've asked 3 different doctors and they all agree that with her
bone degeneration and the massive radiation she did before, the damage would
be worse than the "cure".    Maybe because it's so big, it's just not an
option now?  We ask and keep getting the same answer that it's just not going
to work for her.  Her new doctor (general practician, not oncology) sat her
down and had a heart to heart with her about how she's not dying of cancer,
she's living with cancer.  Mom walked out feeling much better about herself.
I tell her about you all every time I see her to let her know it's possible
to live longer than the doctors say.  I can't say enough how this forum has
helped me.  I forward stuff to both sisters and we spend a lot of time in IM
chats deciding what to try next, who gets to call the doctor to hassle them
about a new treatment, or new ways to help mom's pain, etc.  If it weren't
for you, I'd be sitting in tears each night!

Hugs!

Susan C.