From: <Suzecicc@aol.com>
To: <mol-cancer@lists.meds.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [MOL] Brompton's Cocktail/Reply

> Lillian!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I don't know how you do it.  My
sister must've talked to someone who said this cocktail worked.  Hopefully
we'll never need it.

> Mom is doing better.  Still on the mend from pneumonia, but isn't sleeping
16 hours a day anymore - she's down to about 10 - :)  (I wish I could get
some sleep!)

> You're right, I want to keep all of you to myself.  There will be times
when I'll need to vent about who's doing what and that may include my
sisters.  Right now, I'm on the same page as one sister, but that could
change.

> Do you have any resources for people who may lose the use of a limb?
Mom's tumor is pressing against the nerves to her left arm/hand.  It hurts
like the dickens right now - the pain in her arm sometimes is worse than the
fact that the tumor is breaking a rib.  She will lose use of it sometime in
the next couple of months.  Although this will be a relief because it means
the nerve is dead and there will be no more arm pain, how do we prepare her
to be one-armed?  Any ideas anyone?