[MOL] Nanc..... [02931] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Nanc.....

Title: Nanc.....

Hi Nancy,

I have a weird thought for you.  I have finished reading a book on dying called Final Gifts written by two very experienced hospice nurses and it had ALOT of information on how dying people feel, cope, etc.  It also had something to say about whether or not to tell a dying person if someone they knew died.  They said that of course the dying person would want to know because it might make them feel better that someone they knew is experiencing what they soon will experience.

What I guess I am trying to say is that as weird as this might sound, I bet your Mom & Don take comfort from each other knowing they are both in similar boats, don't you think?  I know this makes your burden twice as hard.  Yes, it is the most excruciating thing to watch someone you love so very dearly just slowly fade from you right before your eyes.  I can't think of a more helpless feeling.  I know, I have been gripped w/ that helpless feeling even when I have helped all I can.  There is only so much you can do Nanc, allow yourself to cry and to mourn what has been lost.  God will pick you up when you need to be picked up and somehow, we will all get through this.  I think of you and try and send strength waves your way :)

Regards,
Dusti