Re: [MOL] Tamoxafin/WELCOME NEW MEMBER/REPLY [02879] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tamoxafin/WELCOME NEW MEMBER/REPLY

Welcome Laurie!  In my humble opinion I would suggest the doctor put your
mother either on megrace or amidrex; both do the same as tamoxifen with
fewer serious side effects.  I have included an attachment on the adverse
side effects of tamoxifen. Tamoxifen works approximately 4 and a half year's
then turns itself around and creates cancer .For some reason large dosages
of Vit. C can do the same thing.  I am a two time cancer survivor, uterine
and 20 year's later Breast Cancer.  Good luck now, warmly your friend,
lillian

THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF TAMOXIFEN
(Excerpt From Cancer & Hormone Paper)

Tamoxifen has been formally declared by the World Health Organization as a
carcinogen.  Under State Proposition 65, California must publish and
maintain a list of all known carcinogens.  In 1995, the state's Carcinogen
Identification Committee voted unanimously to list tamoxifen.  Tamoxifen's
known side effects include:

Liver Damage :    Britain withdrew from studies on the use of tamoxifen when
it was discovered that tamoxifen's manufacturer withheld unpublished data
indicating that the drug may induce liver tumors. Liver damage has occurred
in every animal study using tamoxifen.  Animal studies show tamoxifen
produces potentially carcinogenic DNA and alterations in the liver, as well
as eye damage.
Uterine Cancer :    Although the drug has had some success in preventing
recurrences in women who have been successfully treated for breast cancer,
it does promote particularly aggressive uterine cancer. A large Swedish
study, and another in the Netherlands, found a 6-fold increase in uterine
cancer among those patients who took tamoxifen.  In a University of
Pittsburgh study, 23 out of 1,000 given the drug, contracted uterine cancer.
Endometrial Effects :   A Danish/British study detected endometrial
abnormalities.  Uterine tumors, endometrial thickenings, and cancers
occurred in a significant number of women taking tamoxifen.
Blood Clots :   It is also known to cause fatal blood clots in the lungs,
irritating the walls of the veins, and leading to inflammation.
Osteoporosis :   Taxmoxifen users are at risk of developing early symptoms
of menopause, including accelerated bone mineral loss and osteoporosis.

Other adverse reactions which are seen infrequently are hypercalcemia,
peripheral edema, distaste for food, pruritus vulvae (vaginal itching),
depression, dizziness, light-headedness, headache, hair thinning and/or
partial hair loss, and vaginal dryness.

NOLVADEX has been associated with changes in liver enzyme levels, and on
rare occasions, a spectrum of more severe liver abnormalities including
fatty liver, cholestasis, hepatitis and hepatic necrosis.

http://www.worstpills.org/tamoxifen.htm

http://www.selene.com/healthlink/tamoxifen.html

http://www.all-natural.com/tamox.html

http://www.stopbreastcancer.org/press/tamox.asp