Re: [MOL] Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:20:48 -0400 [02421] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:20:48 -0400

Dear Beth,
    You've come to the right place.  I can't help you with the site, but I'm
sure Lillian will jump in here if she hasn't already.  We are not medical
professionals in any way, only cancer patients or caregivers or survivors or
just plain interested, compassionate people.
    Can you help your mother?  You bet you can.  You've already taken a step
to help.  You are interested not only in her well being, but in what she's
going through.  You want to know all about it and you want to help her
through it with understanding.  Sometimes that just means sitting with her,
holding her hand, hugs, listening, encouraging, or just being quiet.  You are
there for her.  That is more help than most doctors can give.
    On this forum you will read about the lives of people going through this
journey or have gone through it.  You will learn, laugh, cry, grieve,
rejoice, scream, and find yourself in the middle of a great, big, wonderful
family of love and support.  You will learn how to help your mother in more
ways than one.  Just ask a lot of questions and be there for her.  Ask her
doctor every question you can think of .  Write the questions down.  You'd be
amazed how much you forget to ask when you're right in front of the doctor.
    We all welcome you.  Know that you and your mother will be in prayer and
among the thoughts of friends.  Hope you stick around.
Luv ya,
Marlene