Re: [MOL] Cancer in the Pleural lung /REPLY YO NEW MEMBER [02199] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Cancer in the Pleural lung /REPLY YO NEW MEMBER

Hi Dean:  Please know that we are not in the medical profession; however we
are on the cancer journey or related to it one way or another.  I will
respond to your questions as best as possible; but most of them are for a
doctor to answer.  Warmly your friend, lillian

.

> My questions for you. What does it mean by advanced stag? Is there no cure
> for advanced? [[[ Either your father has a very fast growing cancer or he
has had it for some time; as advanced stage is advanced stage.  This mean's
the treatment options are more limited, less likely to respond to the
treatment options; etc.  However they do have some really good trials going
on and were
I your father I would pursue this venue.]]]

> Do you have any patients or heard of any that have survived this type of
> cancer? What has been the average life expectancy for these type of
patient?
> Meaning average, I know everybody's make is different.  [[[ We do not go
into life expectancies; as often the doctor is making an educated guess and
has been proven wrong.  The most important thing you can do for you father
is to make sure he maintains hope at all times.  This is not easy; but so
very necessary.]]]

> Is there limp nodes in the chest cavity? If so how often have you seen
this
> spread into the limpnodatic system.? [[I have only known one person on the
forum where it had spread to the lymph nodes in the colar bone area. I may
add that this person was told six months to live and I have now known her
for 3 year's.]]]

> I need to know some answer so I can prepare myself and my family. I am a
> pessimistic and do not have a good feeling about this. I am thinking
months
> to a year for his condition. [[[ Dean, not often do people get a second
chance to change things they want to change or to say I am sorry for some
things or to say I love you Dad.  This is one of the blessings of cancer.
Both you, your family and your Dad have a second chance to make everything
right that wasn't right beforehand.  Concentrate on one day at a time, one
good piece of news as a time no matter how small, smell the flower's with
your father and enjoy him all you can. Know that our prayers are with you,
that we will walk with you on this journey.]]]   Warmly, your friend,
lillian