Re: [MOL] info please/Reply [00459] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] info please/Reply

Hi and Welcome to our forum!  Please may I ask, does your mother have breast cancer of both breasts?  Or is the second breast being removed for precautionary measures?  What stage was your mothers breast cancer?  I am asking these questions because of some things that I have been recently reading.  Your mother may want to consider amidrex instead of the tamoxifen.

Here are the sites for tamoxifen, pros and cons.  Good luck, prayers and let me hear from you, your friend, lillian

http://www.ussc.alltheweb.com/cgi-bin/search?type=all&query=tamoxifen&exec=FAST+Search

THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF TAMOXIFEN
(Excerpt >From Cancer & Hormone Paper)

Tamoxifen has been formally declared by the World Health Organization as a carcinogen.  Under State Proposition 65, California must publish and maintain a list of all known carcinogens.  In 1995, the state's Carcinogen Identification Committee voted unanimously to list tamoxifen.  Tamoxifen's known side effects include:

  • Liver Damage :    Britain withdrew from studies on the use of tamoxifen when it was discovered that tamoxifen's manufacturer withheld unpublished data indicating that the drug may induce liver tumors. Liver damage has occurred in every animal study using tamoxifen.  Animal studies show tamoxifen produces potentially carcinogenic DNA and alterations in the liver, as well as eye damage.
  • Uterine Cancer :    Although the drug has had some success in preventing recurrences in women who have been successfully treated for breast cancer, it does promote particularly aggressive uterine cancer. A large Swedish study, and another in the Netherlands, found a 6-fold increase in uterine cancer among those patients who took tamoxifen.  In a University of Pittsburgh study, 23 out of 1,000 given the drug, contracted uterine cancer.
  • Endometrial Effects :   A Danish/British study detected endometrial abnormalities.  Uterine tumors, endometrial thickenings, and cancers occurred in a significant number of women taking tamoxifen.
  • Blood Clots :   It is also known to cause fatal blood clots in the lungs, irritating the walls of the veins, and leading to inflammation.
  • Osteoporosis :   Taxmoxifen users are at risk of developing early symptoms of menopause, including accelerated bone mineral loss and osteoporosis.

Other adverse reactions which are seen infrequently are hypercalcemia, peripheral edema, distaste for food, pruritus vulvae (vaginal itching), depression, dizziness, light-headedness, headache, hair thinning and/or partial hair loss, and vaginal dryness.

NOLVADEX has been associated with changes in liver enzyme levels, and on rare occasions, a spectrum of more severe liver abnormalities including fatty liver, cholestasis, hepatitis and hepatic necrosis.

http://www.worstpills.org/tamoxifen.htm

http://www.selene.com/healthlink/tamoxifen.html

http://www.all-natural.com/tamox.html

http://www.stopbreastcancer.org/press/tamox.asp