Re: [MOL] Just joined/Welcome Pat [00447] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Just joined/Welcome Pat

Hi Pat, nice to meet you.

You are right - losing the last parent is nearly unthinkable! And especially
when you are only 37 yrs old - here I am like a big crybaby - at 48! But my
stepmother was just as devastated when her mother had to go to a nursing home
at 98 and passed away at close to 101. Virginia was herself about 70 yrs old
then. I think the truth is that we are never ready to stop being someone's
"little girl" anymore, no matter our age or our parent's ages and condition
of health.

I know that when the time comes for my Dad to go to His Maker that I won't be
ready no matter how many years I have to prepare - but most importantly, I
pray that he (my Dad) will be ready, not from pain, but just from whatever
readiness is - fatigue maybe.  At that time I will try hard to focus on his
being with my Mom again and all my grandparents.  My heart and prayers are
with you and your Dad, Pat. God bless you both. -chris