Re: [MOL] Just joined/Welcome Pat [00445] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Just joined/Welcome Pat

Hi Pat!  Welcome and I sure do hear what you are saying. One of our long time Molers has bronchoalveolar lung cancer.  I am sure when she sees your message she will respond to it and tell you what treatment she is using.  Her progress has been pretty good and we certainly rejoice with her as she's a sweetheart.

They are just coming out with some treatments for Mesothelioma; however it must be caught in the early stages.

Without a doubt you have found a home away from home.  A comfort zone where you can just be yourself, say what you want and know that everyone on here understands, is non judgmental and will support and love you just the way you are.

We are happy you joined us, wish it were under a different circumstance that we meet.  Jump right in and chat with the group, this is your forum too and there is no such thing as butting in on a conversation.  Warmly your friend, lillian

Be sure to check this site out, this is where June was treated and my husband was treated for prostate cancer here.
http://www.siuh.edu/conindex5.html

Hi, my name is Pat (female) and my Dad has bronchoalveolar lung cancer. We lost Mom Sept 97- 10 months after being dx with Mesothelioma; a rare lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure. From what I've read she was probably exposed from Daddy's clothes-he was in Navy on subs for 20 yrs(I guess that means I was exposed also. Last Sept- 2 yrs after Mom died Daddy was dx with his lung  cancer. The difference between   her case & Daddy's is sad. She was told she could take some chemo treatments to maybe feel better and give her a few more months; now Daddy was told although surgery not option chemo was and could be probably give him more time. I  felt like they just gave up on Mom.
Daddy has had 12 weekly treatments of Taxol & carbo once a month. He took 4 treaments of Taxotere but couldn't tolerate it;it put him on oxygen fulltime; now back on Taxol he's not on O2. I've been reading thro the archives and was going to join after I was done but just couldn't wait; all of you are such warm, caring people I just had to jump right in. It's hard enough to lose one parent(or any family member) but two  is going to be really hard to deal with. Enough rambling...may God bless and care for all of you.
Pat