Re: [MOL] Questions about lasting effects of chemotherapy/Reply [00346] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Questions about lasting effects of chemotherapy/Reply

Dear Lil:  My goodness!!!  I was given Taxol, Taxotere, VP-16, Cisplatin, and
Carboplatinum.  Fortunately, I didn't have any skin damage -- quite the
opposite.  My skin doesn't break out at all anymore.  However, I did have
other side effects that weren't at all pleasant, so it's a trade off, I
guess.  Like so many of us, I'll never forget how the chemotherapy made me
feel.  On the other hand, if I had to go through it again, I would.  Life is
worth fighting for!  I told my oncologist the other day that I consider this
part of my life a precious gift, and that's exactly how I feel.

Love, Kathy