Re: [MOL] sore throat and caughing/REPLY! [00152] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] sore throat and caughing/REPLY!

Welcome to our forum.  As Lisa said we have heard of chemo reactions to this efffect; but I have also heard of radio burns.  Here is a mixture that many of our forum members used and said it works, all can be purchased over the counter.

I would suggest that your mother also gargle with warm salt water a few times a day.  Hope this helps, your friend, lillian

Mix in equal proportions:=20

a.. Xylocaine viscous 2%=20

b.. Benadryl elixir=20

c.. Maalox liquid=20

Take 10 ml (2 teaspoons) - swish and swallow every 3-4 hours as needed, =

The xylocaine (novocaine) may sting slightly as it takes effect - but =

the usual result is a numbing of the mucosal surface that allows =

patients to eat and drink comfortablyWarmly, lillian=20