From: lisafix [mailto:lisafix@home.com]
Sent: 03 June 2000 09:31
To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
Subject: Re: [MOL] sore throat and caughing

I have never heard of a reaction like that from radiation therapy, but ask
her doctor about the effects of chemotherapy. Sometimes chemotherapy can
erode the mucous membranes, including the mouth and throat. I am not a
doctor, but I have heard of this reactoin from certain types of chemo. Check
it out.    LisaFix

Ressy Rosemberg wrote:

Hi,My mother is undergoing radiotherapy due to a breast cancer with
mastectomy.She is also having chemiotherapy (CMF) and Tamoxifen.Now she is
caughing (after 5 weeks of radiotherapy) and her throat is hurting real bad
(cannot swollow).Can the radiotherapy have this side effect?Thank you for
your attention,Ressu