Re: [MOL] sore throat and caughing [00146] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] sore throat and caughing

I have never heard of a reaction like that from radiation therapy, but ask her doctor about the effects of chemotherapy. Sometimes chemotherapy can erode the mucous membranes, including the mouth and throat. I am not a doctor, but I have heard of this reactoin from certain types of chemo. Check it out.    LisaFix

Ressy Rosemberg wrote:

Hi,My mother is undergoing radiotherapy due to a breast cancer with mastectomy.She is also having chemiotherapy (CMF) and Tamoxifen.Now she is caughing (after 5 weeks of radiotherapy) and her throat is hurting real bad (cannot swollow).Can the radiotherapy have this side effect?Thank you for your attention,Ressu