Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen and eye problems/REPLY! [01321] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tamoxifen and eye problems/REPLY!

Hi Betty!  Welcome to our forum.  Please know we are not in the medical
profession; however we are all on the journey of cancer in one form or
another.  I am a breast cancer survivor, who was once on the drug Tamoxifen
and removed myself after 5 or 6 months because of the complications I was
having.  At the time I thought I was as fruity as a fruit cake, my doctor
did not believe me. Once off the drug the swelling of the meningies around
the brain went away; but I was left with pernment damage and am on
disability now.  I would suggest you ask your doctor about Arimidex as a
substitute for tamoxifen.  I am inclosing information for you to make your
decision and yes there is a section on effects to eyes.  I certainly wish
you luck on this.  Warmly, your friend, lillian

more....