FW: [MOL] SEARCH FOR INFORMATION [01291] Medicine On Line

FW: [MOL] SEARCH FOR INFORMATION

Dear Jackeline

Hi, how are things in Mexico City??  I am from the UK and currently studying
psychology, and we have just done Bio-Psychology.  I'm not sure if you are
already aware, but there seems to be a link with Seretinom (not too sure on
the Spelling!) and Depression.  If my memory serves, its too much production
of Seretonim from the brain that may cause depression.

There are also some studies being carried out on sleep deprivation.  When
depressed, you can become very lethargic or not able to sleep at all.  The
studies being run are on the effects of keeping people (Clinicaly diagnosed
as depressed) awake for up to 74 hours to test their levels of depression.
At the moment, in about 35% the depression lifts slightly, but as soon as
some one gets sleep the depression is back at the same level.

I will check into this for you and see if we have any books or links I can
recommend, at the moment, the only person I would suggest you search for
would be Richard Gross.

regards

David