Re: [MOL] Teena! [01286] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Teena!

Dear Teena!  Wishing you and Dad good luck tomorrow and you both will be in
my prayers.  I wanted to point a few things out about Hospice.  It is
apparent that it depends what Hospice Chapter you are using on if it will be
a good expierence or not.  Some of us have had a wonderful expierence and
were gently lead through the process of death while the patient received
quality palliative care.  Others on the forum are only receiving minimum
treatment at best.
So it will be important for you to ask some very serious questions while
interviewing them before you sign any paper work.  I am sure you fully
understand what palliative care means.  If not find out.  You will want to
know how often they will take blood work, what are the duties of the person
they will be sending you, bathing, feeding, IV's and so forth.  You will
want to know what to do in an emergency when they are not there, are they a
24 hour service, 7 days a week.  Understand that some Hospice are a place
for a patient to go to and be cared for, while others come into the home.
Let us know how the Doctors appointment goes tomorrow.  Warmly, your friend,
lillian

more....