Re: Re: [MOL] Bess and Dusti [01274] Medicine On Line

Re: Re: [MOL] Bess and Dusti

<<BessGosh, these Hospice programs must each be different.  I know when we
used them, we had an RN who came in every day and took vitals.  She would
show us what she was doing, explain why she was doing it, what stage the
patient was at, and just walked us right through it all.  Both ended up going
into a coma and just going to sleep pernmently.  It was so peaceful and I
knew after the tear's I had did the right thing.  It was what they wanted and
I was able to give them their last gift in life, sending them off to their
maker.  It is what sustained me through the grieving process.I had a aide who
did the baths, got them up into a wheel chair and took them out for walks,
plus fed them two meals.  I was the next one on duty and fed the dinners.
The aide would have helped with the housework; but I said I preferred that
she give all her attention to the patients, to talk with them.  She had my
aunt singing her head off.  She had my mother doing wheel chair exercise. At
no time were additional meds called for.  It takes the body a week or two to
shut down; but the patient is not in pain, (just we are!).  I hope this is of
some help to you both.  lovingly, lillian