Re: [MOL] Update on Tom [01192] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Update on Tom

Hi Bess,
Ask to talk to your social worker with hospice.
Did you keep your family Doctor?  Or did you go with the Hospice
Doctor?  You can keep your own, we did.  She makes house calls,
also orders labs and changes medicines according to the Lab reports.
The main thing is to keep him out of pain. But not a zombie, although
when he nears the end, he probably won't want to eat or drink much
and will sleep most of the time.
About the tremors, sounds to me that he may have an allergy to the
morphine, I did that when I was in the Hospital in Jan. 2000.  I swelled
up all over, and shock uncontrollable.  I told the Doctor about it and he
said they had to give me something other then the morphine drip.
The next day the swelling started going down and the shaking stopped.
Don has blood work every week by the hospice nurse, by our
Doctors orders.
You know the old saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets oiled.
Never be afraid to ask if your vibes are telling you something is
not right.
I'm not online much but I do read all the mol mail, just never have
time to write.
I hope this has helped in some way.  If I can help you further just
ask.
Love, hugs & prayers to you and yours,
Nanc ():-)