Re: [MOL] Went to the doctor yesterday [01138] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Went to the doctor yesterday

In a message dated 05/26/2000 12:59:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
KathleenCorrigan@AOL.COM writes:

> I told her what I told my now absent sweetheart:  "There will come a time
in everyone's life when he or she becomes ill or infirm.  I hope the person
you love doesn't desert you at that time in your life."
Exactly, Kathy.  I have a friend whose husband drives her crazy every time
she is ill - had *brain* surgery last year and his biggest concern was how
soon she would be able to return to work.  She knew every time he asked how
she felt, he had a hidden agenda behind it.  Poor thing has had several
serious health problems annually for the last 3 years.  I told him exactly
the same thing you told Steve.  He too had a sick mother he tended until she
died and married for the first time in his early 40s. I reminded him that
every time we love someone there is always risk involved, one way or another;
if not health problems then something else.

Needless to add, she is getting divorced at present.  -chris